Friday 28 October 2011

Contacting JLS

JLS are one of the most successful artists out there in today's contemporary society. So there isn't any legal conflict or regulations concerning our group using their song to produce a music video of our own, I have tried contacting the artists to get their informed consent so that we can carry on our creating our production.

As previously mentioned, JLS are very popular - so it was extremely hard to contact them. I researched many books and the internet to see if there was any sort of email address I could contact them by and after my research, I found out that JLS are managed by an organisation called "Modest".

Modest! Management is a leading Management Company. They manage all aspects of their Artists careers including Writing, Recording, Touring, Brand Partnerships, Merchandise, Endorsements, Theatre, Television and Publicity


Modest! Artists have -
  • Sold collectively over 30 million Albums worldwide
  • Achieved over 40 top ten Singles in the UK, to date, including 8 number 1s in 2010
  • Reached Top Ten with 25 Albums including 7 Number 1s
  • Sold over 1.2 million tickets in 2010 including over 50 Arena dates across the UK
  • Won 5 Brit Awards and received 4 Grammy Nominations




In order to get JLS' permission to use their music video, I have to contact their management team via email - and they will contact JLS representing myself. Many fans do this, and not all emails are replied to - but the best I can do is try and email them and see if I can gain their consent.



As you can see above, I have made an attempt to contact the band - and can only hope they reply and give us their informed consent to use their song for our production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 13U1-44 Music Video 2011. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz